There’s no time like the present to become more involved in the community! Join the Findlay Young Professionals by being on a committee, volunteering, and/or being IMPACTful in the community by volunteering or supporting local agencies financially.
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Volunteer work helps you realize the positive impact you can make in someone else’s life.
- Learn new skills or volunteer in your area of expertise and teach your skills to others.
- Group volunteer projects can foster team spirit and bring together people from all walks of life.
- Be a positive role model to family and friends.
- Volunteering is a great way to enhance your résumé.
- Volunteering often communicates to others that you are ambitious, enthusiastic and care about the community.
- A Dow Jones Report noted that corporations interested in increasing the education of their top personnel should look to non-profit organizations over the nation’s business schools, “ Three to five years of volunteer work can provide management experience most corporations couldn’t provide over 20 years, if at all” PMA Leadership Briefs, August 2000.
Ready to make a difference and get involved? Watch our calendar and newsletter for different service events as they become available. Not seeing anything you would like to do? Check out the Local Service Opportunity page; we get in different requests for volunteers all the time and cannot help them all. But YOU can. Feel free to contact any agency you see listed there if you would like to help with an event.